Peter started his career in the information retrieval industry as a research engineer at BT Research at the turn of the millennium. From there he went on to being part of delivering some of the largest and high profile search and unstructured data processing systems in the world. Eventually he co-founded RAVN Systems in 2010 together with equally experienced scientists and engineers to build and deliver the next generation Applied AI systems.
In the past few years he has overseen a tectonic shift in perceptions regarding Applied AI systems and the level of trust clients and other stakeholders are starting to put into the technology. This shift is likely to have dramatic consequences within the legal and professional services industries. Seldom has the word “disruptive” been more apt when speculating the implications for how these industries operate and conduct their business.
Jan Van Hoecke
Jan Van Hoecke, CTO and Co-Founder of RAVN Systems, is responsible for the product portfolio development and long-term technology vision for the company.
He is in charge of the development and research teams at RAVN, and leads the design and engineering of RAVN’s innovative products.
Prior to RAVN, Jan has held commercial and technical roles with both major corporates and entrepreneurial ventures in the fields of unstructured information processing and supply chain optimisation.
Jan holds a Master of Science degree in Computer Science and Engineering, specialising in advanced computer architectures and artificial intelligence. Specific research covered the topics of large scale distributed computer systems and computer vision.
Professional Services Director
Simon co-founded RAVN Systems in 2010. He has over 10 years of technical and commercial experience of working in the software industry in a number of sectors including pharmaceutical, government, financial and legal institutions.
Simon combines a professional services consulting background with his passion and a commitment to ongoing client relationship. He leads the RAVN professional services team and is responsible for complex technical implementations and focuses on continuous improvement and client satisfaction.
Prior RAVN, Simon founded his own enterprise search consulting company in 2008 and also speaks five languages.
Sjoerd gained Enterprise Search Engine expertise when working for one of the largest Enterprise Software corporations for several years. During this period he was responsible for projects concerning system integrations and dealt with high profile clients, who required special implementations to meet their business needs.
In 2010 he co-founded RAVN Systems and is responsible for RAVN’s complex strategic clients, in order to make sure that the requirements of industry leading organisations are translated in RAVN’s technical roadmap and ensure we keep producing innovative solutions. Sjoerd also heads up the pre-sales team.
- As a trusted adviser and negotiation partner, we wanted to have first hand experience of a leading AI technology so we can advise on how it will change the workplace over the coming years to ensure we’re offering the most appropriate advice to our clients.Ole Møller, Vice President at Djøf
- This technology will bring us a flexible environment that is dedicated to our firm so we can ensure we can look after our clients as efficiently as possible. We chose to collaborate with RAVN as we recognised them as a leading AI provider and wanted their product to be part of the firm’s portfolio.Santiago Gómez Sancha, ICT Director at Uría Menéndez
- For our lawyers, time is very precious and we needed a fast, reliable and accurate search engine that was easily integrated into our existing systems. The team at RAVN proved they could tick all the boxes we required.Flavio Romerio, Partner at Homburger
- The software will read, interpret and extract key provisions from a client’s property lease agreements. This approach is a great supplement to manually laborious processes, and a stand-alone device in relation to certain standardized agreements and will mitigate risk from human errors and inconsistencies. SVW is happy to continue the collaboration with RAVN to further improve the SVW real estate robot.Peter Van Dam, Knowledge and IT Manager at Simonsen Vogt Wiig
- Garrigues are always looking for innovative ways to ensure we are providing the most efficient service to our clients. We chose to work with RAVN as they are leaders in the industry and able to deliver on both our current and future plans.César Mejias, IT Director at Garrigues