Peter started his career in the information retrieval industry as a research engineer at BT Research at the turn of the millennium. From there he went on to being part of delivering some of the largest and high profile search and unstructured data processing systems in the world. Eventually he co-founded RAVN Systems in 2010 together with equally experienced scientists and engineers to build and deliver the next generation Applied AI systems.
In the past few years he has overseen a tectonic shift in perceptions regarding Applied AI systems and the level of trust clients and other stakeholders are starting to put into the technology. This shift is likely to have dramatic consequences within the legal and professional services industries. Seldom has the word “disruptive” been more apt when speculating the implications for how these industries operate and conduct their business.
Jan Van Hoecke
Jan Van Hoecke, CTO and Co-Founder of RAVN Systems, is responsible for the product portfolio development and long-term technology vision for the company.
He is in charge of the development and research teams at RAVN, and leads the design and engineering of RAVN’s innovative products.
Prior to RAVN, Jan has held commercial and technical roles with both major corporates and entrepreneurial ventures in the fields of unstructured information processing and supply chain optimisation.
Jan holds a Master of Science degree in Computer Science and Engineering, specialising in advanced computer architectures and artificial intelligence. Specific research covered the topics of large scale distributed computer systems and computer vision.
Professional Services Director
Simon co-founded RAVN Systems in 2010. He has over 10 years of technical and commercial experience of working in the software industry in a number of sectors including pharmaceutical, government, financial and legal institutions.
Simon combines a professional services consulting background with his passion and a commitment to ongoing client relationship. He leads the RAVN professional services team and is responsible for complex technical implementations and focuses on continuous improvement and client satisfaction.
Prior RAVN, Simon founded his own enterprise search consulting company in 2008 and also speaks five languages.
Sjoerd gained Enterprise Search Engine expertise when working for one of the largest Enterprise Software corporations for several years. During this period he was responsible for projects concerning system integrations and dealt with high profile clients, who required special implementations to meet their business needs.
In 2010 he co-founded RAVN Systems and is responsible for RAVN’s complex strategic clients, in order to make sure that the requirements of industry leading organisations are translated in RAVN’s technical roadmap and ensure we keep producing innovative solutions. Sjoerd also heads up the pre-sales team.
- RAVN's platform has allowed us to implement our vision of providing integrated, secure and effective access to our knowledge resources.Robin Hall, Head of Knowledge Management at Howard Kennedy
- RAVN is one of a number of innovative solutions that the business is implementing as part of IT's 2020 vision aligned to improve efficiencies and productivity benefits across the firmClive Knott, IT Director at Howard Kennedy
- Our primary goal here is to leverage knowledge to accelerate business and deal decision-making and to harness the collaborative power of a multi-geography growth markets organisation. RAVN Connect is an important component in a differentiation we bring to our investors around how we share knowledge and get to more dynamic decisions on deal flow. Additionally, it helps us harness macro-economic, sectoral and functional knowledge flows seamlessly and is ultimately a major competitive advantage for us.Ovais Naqvi, Managing Director – Head of Market Engagement at Abraaj
- It's likely to save us tens of millions of pounds in lost revenue.Horia Selegean, Head of Revenue & Margin Assurance at BT
- Sky are committed to using the latest innovations to ensure our customers receive the best possible viewing experience. RAVN’s AI component has allowed us to successfully automate the EPG review process which has dramatically reduced the review time as well as ensuring we maintain robust and compliant information">Angus Gairdner, Head of Content Planning Operations at Sky