Advanced Enterprise Search
RAVN Connect Enterprise is an innovative approach to capturing, finding, managing and collaborating on your organisation’s hard won knowledge and expertise, leveraging the capability to navigate links between knowledge types across the enterprise. It can learn from behaviour and establish explicit and implicit links between data objects and people.
REQUEST A DEMO OF THIS PRODUCT
See this product in action
Benefits of RAVN Connect Enterprise
Efficient Way of Finding Information
Allows for Knowledge Management across your organisation helping you to find, manage and re-deploy your corpus of knowledge within a complete solution, in a quick and efficient way.
Gives your staff real-time understanding by cutting down the time to find relevant information or expertise inside and outside the organisation. With features making it simple for your staff to find information or colleagues quickly and to help you produce quality material in the shortest amount of time, increasing profitability and competitiveness.
Ensure staff are at the pinnacle of their expertise and compliant with any regulatory standards through the push of content to the individual which helps to mitigate risk.
Encourage Collaboration and Knowledge Sharing
Collaboration features builds relationships and releases hidden knowledge and expertise within your organisation.
Enterprise Search and Artificial Intelligence
RAVN Connect Enterprise can be further enhanced with RAVN Extract. Once you’ve found the document you’ve been searching for the RAVN Extract component can automatically extract key pieces of information (specified by the user) to save you reading through the document. The exported data can be viewed in the Enterprise Search interface or exported into any desired business output or third party solution.
Connect Enterprise can index virtually and source, such as DMS systems, third party websites, eDocs, even People. You can simply select the sources you want to include in your search.
You can also narrow down searches with a variety of different refiners specific to your organisation. For example, a law firm can use refiners such as Client or Matter.
Automatic Promotion of Relevant Content
Content that has been scored, graded, linked or accessed frequently is also automatically promoted by the system in subsequent searches. Additionally, relevance is influenced based on user profile, so interest in a particular subject matter will promote relevant content to the relevant user if they wish.
From experience we also know that clients often want to be able to tune and manipulate result ranking and search relevancy according to their needs in a more direct manner. Therefore we allow users with the relevant permissions the right to “boost” the relevancy of certain documents or topics globally of to specific users or groups.
It is possible to utilise contextual refiners relating to people such as skills, area of expertise, office role and seniority etc to narrow down your search. Using a combination of metadata and extracted data points from content, it is possible to build a model of the experience that exists (but may be un-announced) within the enterprise. For example, a consulting firm may be looking for the best person to appoint to a client engagement where expertise in the oil and gas industry in Russia is critical. Expertise databases are notoriously incomplete or out of date but by being able to analyse unstructured content, such as CVs/biographies, previous output and perhaps even externally written papers, it may be possible to surface tacit experience and identify a suitable resource.
Document Preview and in Document Searching
All search terms are highlighted in different colours and you can quickly navigate to these search terms using the heat map.
Users have the ability to download the document or to check the document out of the DMS system to make changes.
Feeds and Following
It also facilitates the explicit following of any asset, be that a subject, a concept, people (subject matter experts) and other matters. Relevant information (in which you are interested, or perhaps content with which you are compelled by compliance to be familiar) appears in each users’ interface, thereby filtering out the increasing volumes of background noise that arrives on the desktop.
Connect Enterprise shows users which topics are trending in your organisation to make it easier for users to find what’s relevant.
Connect Enterprise also provides a client-centric view of your knowledge corpus, allowing you to quickly identify the status of matters and identify staff who have worked on them, relevant news feed updates as well as your commercial relationship with the client. In short, keep current and informed about your client relationships.
This can also help you find other individuals that have the same or similar areas of expertise. The technology can exploit links and expose hidden knowledge – it’s not always a keyword that will help you find what you are looking for.
Connect Enterprise federates the results from third party search feeds into a common interface, enabling the treatment of both internal and external sources as searchable knowledge assets – providing a single point of search which saves time and improves productivity. Our collaboration capabilities also extend to federated search results because our approach is that even external sources of knowledge should be part of the knowledge corpus.
Knowledge Asset Interaction
Connect Enterprise allows authorised users to interact with the assets, including commenting, tagging, linking, voting and grading. Annotations and comments subsequently become knowledge assets in their own right and are themselves discoverable through search and discovery. Crowd-sourced tags are automatically provided as facets to further filter results. Such interactions are designed to enhance the overall quality of the knowledge base by harnessing the human element – tuning feeds and ranking/relevance algorithms around how people interact with the knowledge in the organisation.
Connect Enterprise leads users to other relevant assets within the knowledge base by providing a dynamically updated list of recommended results. Equally dynamically, conceptually similar results are clustered and presented for further exploration or consideration. Such guided navigation helps you find content more efficiently and elegantly.
Add comments to any knowledge asset or start – as well as participate in – relevant discussion threads to enable more efficient communication of ideas and conversations. Uniquely, these exchanges themselves become part of the discoverable knowledge base. Connect Enterprise provides the platform through which to capture, enhance and retain the tacit knowledge within your organisation.
Need more information?
Read our Connect Enterprise brochure
Latest Case Study
Read our latest customer experience showing how our products have benefited their organisation
Watch the RAVN Connect Enterprise Online Demo
- RAVN Manage and RAVN Connect Enterprise supplement our current systems extremely well. With both systems, searches become even more efficient and documents may be retrieved significantly faster than before. The fact that the systems understand how people work together and are able to spot cohesion through entire cases is a real strength in our daily operations. In Bech-Bruun, this is a highly strategic focus area. Moreover, RAVN is a pioneer in the area and we consider this as the first step to full implementation of AI.Stefan Winqvist, CIO at Bech-Bruun
- RAVN ACE robot is 10 million times quicker than the manual labour it replacedMatthew Whalley, Head of Legal Risk Consultancy, BLP, Legal Futures Event Quote
- Our 'contract robot' can now finish in less than two seconds work which would have taken a team of people 100 days to complete.Matthew Whalley, Head of Legal Risk Consultancy at BLP
- RAVN were very good at adapting a technical product and speaking about it in a non-technical way. We explained the problems we were facing and they offered a solution and explained it in an easy-to-understand and user friendly way.Victoria Blanchard, Consultant at Berwin Leighton Paisner
- RAVN ACE is the most exciting new development we’ve seen for several years…a true next generation systemIndependent Legal IT Consultant at Inside Legal IT event
- RAVN is very competitively priced at the moment and provides a standardised Windows interface so it needs much less integration. “It’s really simple and mimics the tech people already use. I’m focused on systems that are intuitive to use – unless it’s very simple to use people don’t have the time to work it out and remember how to use it.Jeremy Rooth, Director of Business Transformation and Knowledge Management at Withers
- The RAVN solution allows us to leverage the inherent search capabilities that are now included with SharePoint 2013 and with the RAVN connectivity layer provided, we have the ability to extend to our broader information corpus as required.Richard Skinner, Applications Architect at Taylor Wessing
- By building on the standard [Microsoft] technologies we will keep all the enhancements Microsoft have and continue to make with their search engine, augment it with RAVN’s preview and connectivity technologies and we are also able to utilise the huge wealth of expertise, WebParts and add-ons developed by the wider Microsoft community.Sam Luxford-Watts, IT Manager at Watson Farley & Williams
- RAVN has been instrumental in helping us create Insight, not only with the integration of the uniquely powerful RAVN Core platform at the heart of the solution but also with a high level of expertise at the forefront of search-based technologies.Michael George, Deluxe MediaRecall Executive Vice President and General Manager
- With RAVN’s help we have been able to get a head start on production and have actually reduced production costs. RAVN have certainly been excellent value for money.Search Project Manager, Sky
- RAVN Connect revolutionises Sharepoint Search in distributed environmentsSenior IT Manager, COWI
- If you need your corporate Knowledge Management tailored to your needs, RAVN should be your first port of callJosh Ellis, CIO, SFO