Advanced Enterprise Search
RAVN Connect Enterprise is an innovative approach to capturing, finding, managing and collaborating on your organisation’s hard won knowledge and expertise, leveraging the capability to navigate links between knowledge types across the enterprise. It can learn from behaviour and establish explicit and implicit links between data objects and people.
Benefits of RAVN Connect Enterprise
Efficient Way of Finding Information
Allows for Knowledge Management across your organisation helping you to find, manage and re-deploy your corpus of knowledge within a complete solution, in a quick and efficient way.
Gives your staff real-time understanding by cutting down the time to find relevant information or expertise inside and outside the organisation. With features making it simple for your staff to find information or colleagues quickly and to help you produce quality material in the shortest amount of time, increasing profitability and competitiveness.
Ensure staff are at the pinnacle of their expertise and compliant with any regulatory standards through the push of content to the individual which helps to mitigate risk.
Encourage Collaboration and Knowledge Sharing
Collaboration features builds relationships and releases hidden knowledge and expertise within your organisation.
Enterprise Search and Artificial Intelligence
RAVN Connect Enterprise can be further enhanced with RAVN Extract. Once you’ve found the document you’ve been searching for the RAVN Extract component can automatically extract key pieces of information (specified by the user) to save you reading through the document. The exported data can be viewed in the Enterprise Search interface or exported into any desired business output or third party solution.
Connect Enterprise can index virtually any source, such as DMS systems, third party websites, eDocs, even People. You can simply select the sources you want to include in your search.
You can also narrow down searches with a variety of different refiners specific to your organisation. For example, a law firm can use refiners such as Client or Matter.
Automatic Promotion of Relevant Content
Content that has been scored, graded, linked or accessed frequently is also automatically promoted by the system in subsequent searches. Additionally, relevance is influenced based on user profile, so interest in a particular subject matter will promote relevant content to the relevant user if they wish.
From experience we also know that clients often want to be able to tune and manipulate result ranking and search relevancy according to their needs in a more direct manner. Therefore we allow users with the relevant permissions the right to “boost” the relevancy of certain documents or topics globally of to specific users or groups.
It is possible to utilise contextual refiners relating to people such as skills, area of expertise, office role and seniority etc to narrow down your search. Using a combination of metadata and extracted data points from content, it is possible to build a model of the experience that exists (but may be un-announced) within the enterprise. For example, a consulting firm may be looking for the best person to appoint to a client engagement where expertise in the oil and gas industry in Russia is critical. Expertise databases are notoriously incomplete or out of date but by being able to analyse unstructured content, such as CVs/biographies, previous output and perhaps even externally written papers, it may be possible to surface tacit experience and identify a suitable resource.
Document Preview and in Document Searching
All search terms are highlighted in different colours and you can quickly navigate to these search terms using the heat map.
Users have the ability to download the document or to check the document out of the DMS system to make changes.
Feeds and Following
It also facilitates the explicit following of any asset, be that a subject, a concept, people (subject matter experts) and other matters. Relevant information (in which you are interested, or perhaps content with which you are compelled by compliance to be familiar) appears in each users’ interface, thereby filtering out the increasing volumes of background noise that arrives on the desktop.
Connect Enterprise shows users which topics are trending in your organisation to make it easier for users to find what’s relevant.
Connect Enterprise also provides a client-centric view of your knowledge corpus, allowing you to quickly identify the status of matters and identify staff who have worked on them, relevant news feed updates as well as your commercial relationship with the client. In short, keep current and informed about your client relationships.
This can also help you find other individuals that have the same or similar areas of expertise. The technology can exploit links and expose hidden knowledge – it’s not always a keyword that will help you find what you are looking for.
Connect Enterprise federates the results from third party search feeds into a common interface, enabling the treatment of both internal and external sources as searchable knowledge assets – providing a single point of search which saves time and improves productivity. Our collaboration capabilities also extend to federated search results because our approach is that even external sources of knowledge should be part of the knowledge corpus.
Knowledge Asset Interaction
Connect Enterprise allows authorised users to interact with the assets, including commenting, tagging, linking, voting and grading. Annotations and comments subsequently become knowledge assets in their own right and are themselves discoverable through search and discovery. Crowd-sourced tags are automatically provided as facets to further filter results. Such interactions are designed to enhance the overall quality of the knowledge base by harnessing the human element – tuning feeds and ranking/relevance algorithms around how people interact with the knowledge in the organisation.
Connect Enterprise leads users to other relevant assets within the knowledge base by providing a dynamically updated list of recommended results. Equally dynamically, conceptually similar results are clustered and presented for further exploration or consideration. Such guided navigation helps you find content more efficiently and elegantly.
Add comments to any knowledge asset or start – as well as participate in – relevant discussion threads to enable more efficient communication of ideas and conversations. Uniquely, these exchanges themselves become part of the discoverable knowledge base. Connect Enterprise provides the platform through which to capture, enhance and retain the tacit knowledge within your organisation.
Need more information?
Read our Connect Enterprise brochure
Latest Case Study
Read our latest customer experience showing how our products have benefited their organisation
Watch the RAVN Connect Enterprise Online Demo
- As a trusted adviser and negotiation partner, we wanted to have first hand experience of a leading AI technology so we can advise on how it will change the workplace over the coming years to ensure we’re offering the most appropriate advice to our clients.Ole Møller, Vice President at Djøf
- This technology will bring us a flexible environment that is dedicated to our firm so we can ensure we can look after our clients as efficiently as possible. We chose to collaborate with RAVN as we recognised them as a leading AI provider and wanted their product to be part of the firm’s portfolio.Santiago Gómez Sancha, ICT Director at Uría Menéndez
- For our lawyers, time is very precious and we needed a fast, reliable and accurate search engine that was easily integrated into our existing systems. The team at RAVN proved they could tick all the boxes we required.Flavio Romerio, Partner at Homburger
- The software will read, interpret and extract key provisions from a client’s property lease agreements. This approach is a great supplement to manually laborious processes, and a stand-alone device in relation to certain standardized agreements and will mitigate risk from human errors and inconsistencies. SVW is happy to continue the collaboration with RAVN to further improve the SVW real estate robot.Peter Van Dam, Knowledge and IT Manager at Simonsen Vogt Wiig
- Garrigues are always looking for innovative ways to ensure we are providing the most efficient service to our clients. We chose to work with RAVN as they are leaders in the industry and able to deliver on both our current and future plans.César Mejias, IT Director at Garrigues
- RAVN's platform has allowed us to implement our vision of providing integrated, secure and effective access to our knowledge resources.Robin Hall, Head of Knowledge Management at Howard Kennedy
- RAVN is one of a number of innovative solutions that the business is implementing as part of IT's 2020 vision aligned to improve efficiencies and productivity benefits across the firmClive Knott, IT Director at Howard Kennedy
- Our primary goal here is to leverage knowledge to accelerate business and deal decision-making and to harness the collaborative power of a multi-geography growth markets organisation. RAVN Connect is an important component in a differentiation we bring to our investors around how we share knowledge and get to more dynamic decisions on deal flow. Additionally, it helps us harness macro-economic, sectoral and functional knowledge flows seamlessly and is ultimately a major competitive advantage for us.Ovais Naqvi, Managing Director – Head of Market Engagement at Abraaj
- It's likely to save us tens of millions of pounds in lost revenue.Horia Selegean, Head of Revenue & Margin Assurance at BT
- Sky are committed to using the latest innovations to ensure our customers receive the best possible viewing experience. RAVN’s AI component has allowed us to successfully automate the EPG review process which has dramatically reduced the review time as well as ensuring we maintain robust and compliant information">Angus Gairdner, Head of Content Planning Operations at Sky
- By adopting this innovative platform we are able to quickly focus on the high value and high risk contracts within large data sets, simply categorise and divide up tasks and ultimately provide a more responsive service to our clients. We are now looking to roll out the RAVN solution to live client matters within the firmLucy Dillon, Chief Knowledge Officer at Reed Smith
- The RAVN solution effortlessly made all of our operational content, valuable precedent and knowledge content discoverable within the firm’s chosen collaboration and Search platform, Microsoft SharePoint. As such, the disruption for users was negligible, yet the benefits from efficient search, preview and expertise location across a geographically distributed organisation have been significant.Jeremy Rooth, Director of Business Transformation & Knowledge Management