Search as it should be
RAVN Connect for Microsoft SharePoint extends the capabilities of SharePoint Search beyond the Microsoft ecosystem, provides an innovative solution to large or distributed architectures and delivers better search results, an improved user experience and a platform for building real-world Search applications.
Discover All Content
The highly extensible and flexible RAVN Pipeline component allows any content to be included within the Microsoft SharePoint index. It can also be deployed in multiple remote locations, which along with its Microsoft SharePoint receiver component allows remote content to be just as easily ingested and made discoverable, supporting the whole philosophy of the adoption of Microsoft SharePoint Search as an Enterprise-wide repository of information and knowledge.
Saves Review Time
The RAVN Preview component within RAVN Connect for SharePoint converts a full range of document formats to HTML, eliminating the need to launch the native application to review a search result, supporting asynchronous loading of content and hence saving considerable review time. Again when deployed on a distributed environment in conjunction with remote Pipeline elements, not only is remote content discoverable from within Microsoft SharePoint Search, it can be previewed seamlessly with Microsoft SharePoint content, despite not actually residing in Microsoft SharePoint itself. All of this extends access to your broader knowledge base in support of discovering and leveraging that knowledge in a timely and competitive way.
Benefit from Microsoft Search Engine & Community
RAVN Connect for Microsoft SharePoint builds on the standard [Microsoft] technology rather than replacing it with proprietary search engines and web parts. This way organisations benefit from all the enhancements Microsoft have and continue to make with their search engine as well as accessing the broader Microsoft community for web-part developments and knowledge.
Improved Bandwidth Consumption & Indexing Times
In representative customer tests, RAVN Connect for SharePoint has dramatically improved bandwidth consumption and indexing times. Preview of any content, including that outside of the Microsoft ecosystem, has greatly enhanced user efficiency by cutting the time to assess content compared with opening the original item. Furthermore, the overall hardware estate has been reduced by removing the need for remote SharePoint installations.
RAVN’s revolutionary approach to architecture and connectivity enables a single centralised index to be constructed, without federation, which by definition will deliver the best overall relevance ranking for Enterprise-wide results. And as an added benefit of our approach to connectivity, architecture and relevance, the overall size of the SharePoint estate can be kept in check, with obvious cost and administration savings.
Preview of any distributed Enterprise content delivers a slick user experience and dramatically reduces the time to evaluate the relevance of any given item in a result list. Supporting term and hit highlighting, navigation by index and on-the-fly pdf generation amongst a host of other features, RAVN Preview is the only solution you need for previewing all content indexed into SharePoint Search, whether it is hosted in SharePoint or not.
Do you need a safe and secure methodology for migrating content into Microsoft SharePoint? If so, RAVN provides capability in its connectivity framework to not only enrich and index content into the SharePoint Search but at the same time to physically move the item from its original source or application, into SharePoint itself and even replicate the original folder structure in the SharePoint library.
Would providing seamless integration with legacy Document Management Systems benefit your organisation? RAVN Connect for Microsoft SharePoint can communicate directly with third party systems, such as the OpenText platforms and others, to deliver the same capability as the native application itself and allowing knowledge workers to efficiently access content without leaving the search interface, yet with full respect of underlying security permissions.
If you have an interest in Microsoft SharePoint Search then why not join RAVN’s SharePoint User Forum Meetup group to discuss and share ideas.
Need more information?
Read our Connect for Microsoft SharePoint Brochure
Connect for Microsoft SharePoint Case Study
Read our latest customer experience showing how our products have benefited their organisation
- RAVN Manage and RAVN Connect Enterprise supplement our current systems extremely well. With both systems, searches become even more efficient and documents may be retrieved significantly faster than before. The fact that the systems understand how people work together and are able to spot cohesion through entire cases is a real strength in our daily operations. In Bech-Bruun, this is a highly strategic focus area. Moreover, RAVN is a pioneer in the area and we consider this as the first step to full implementation of AI.Stefan Winqvist, CIO at Bech-Bruun
- RAVN ACE robot is 10 million times quicker than the manual labour it replacedMatthew Whalley, Head of Legal Risk Consultancy, BLP, Legal Futures Event Quote
- Our 'contract robot' can now finish in less than two seconds work which would have taken a team of people 100 days to complete.Matthew Whalley, Head of Legal Risk Consultancy at BLP
- RAVN were very good at adapting a technical product and speaking about it in a non-technical way. We explained the problems we were facing and they offered a solution and explained it in an easy-to-understand and user friendly way.Victoria Blanchard, Consultant at Berwin Leighton Paisner
- RAVN ACE is the most exciting new development we’ve seen for several years…a true next generation systemIndependent Legal IT Consultant at Inside Legal IT event