Search as it should be
RAVN Connect for Microsoft SharePoint extends the capabilities of SharePoint Search beyond the Microsoft ecosystem, provides an innovative solution to large or distributed architectures and delivers better search results, an improved user experience and a platform for building real-world Search applications.
Discover All Content
The highly extensible and flexible RAVN Pipeline component allows any content to be included within the Microsoft SharePoint index. It can also be deployed in multiple remote locations, which along with its Microsoft SharePoint receiver component allows remote content to be just as easily ingested and made discoverable, supporting the whole philosophy of the adoption of Microsoft SharePoint Search as an Enterprise-wide repository of information and knowledge.
Saves Review Time
The RAVN Preview component within RAVN Connect for SharePoint converts a full range of document formats to HTML, eliminating the need to launch the native application to review a search result, supporting asynchronous loading of content and hence saving considerable review time. Again when deployed on a distributed environment in conjunction with remote Pipeline elements, not only is remote content discoverable from within Microsoft SharePoint Search, it can be previewed seamlessly with Microsoft SharePoint content, despite not actually residing in Microsoft SharePoint itself. All of this extends access to your broader knowledge base in support of discovering and leveraging that knowledge in a timely and competitive way.
Benefit from Microsoft Search Engine & Community
RAVN Connect for Microsoft SharePoint builds on the standard [Microsoft] technology rather than replacing it with proprietary search engines and web parts. This way organisations benefit from all the enhancements Microsoft have and continue to make with their search engine as well as accessing the broader Microsoft community for web-part developments and knowledge.
Improved Bandwidth Consumption & Indexing Times
In representative customer tests, RAVN Connect for SharePoint has dramatically improved bandwidth consumption and indexing times. Preview of any content, including that outside of the Microsoft ecosystem, has greatly enhanced user efficiency by cutting the time to assess content compared with opening the original item. Furthermore, the overall hardware estate has been reduced by removing the need for remote SharePoint installations.
RAVN’s revolutionary approach to architecture and connectivity enables a single centralised index to be constructed, without federation, which by definition will deliver the best overall relevance ranking for Enterprise-wide results. And as an added benefit of our approach to connectivity, architecture and relevance, the overall size of the SharePoint estate can be kept in check, with obvious cost and administration savings.
Preview of any distributed Enterprise content delivers a slick user experience and dramatically reduces the time to evaluate the relevance of any given item in a result list. Supporting term and hit highlighting, navigation by index and on-the-fly pdf generation amongst a host of other features, RAVN Preview is the only solution you need for previewing all content indexed into SharePoint Search, whether it is hosted in SharePoint or not.
Do you need a safe and secure methodology for migrating content into Microsoft SharePoint? If so, RAVN provides capability in its connectivity framework to not only enrich and index content into the SharePoint Search but at the same time to physically move the item from its original source or application, into SharePoint itself and even replicate the original folder structure in the SharePoint library.
Would providing seamless integration with legacy Document Management Systems benefit your organisation? RAVN Connect for Microsoft SharePoint can communicate directly with third party systems, such as the OpenText platforms and others, to deliver the same capability as the native application itself and allowing knowledge workers to efficiently access content without leaving the search interface, yet with full respect of underlying security permissions.
If you have an interest in Microsoft SharePoint Search then why not join RAVN’s SharePoint User Forum Meetup group to discuss and share ideas.
Need more information?
Read our Connect for Microsoft SharePoint Brochure
Connect for Microsoft SharePoint Case Study
Read our latest customer experience showing how our products have benefited their organisation
- Our primary goal here is to leverage knowledge to accelerate business and deal decision-making and to harness the collaborative power of a multi-geography growth markets organisation. RAVN Connect is an important component in a differentiation we bring to our investors around how we share knowledge and get to more dynamic decisions on deal flow. Additionally, it helps us harness macro-economic, sectoral and functional knowledge flows seamlessly and is ultimately a major competitive advantage for us.Ovais Naqvi, Managing Director – Head of Market Engagement at Abraaj
- It's likely to save us tens of millions of pounds in lost revenue.Horia Selegean, Head of Revenue & Margin Assurance at BT
- Sky are committed to using the latest innovations to ensure our customers receive the best possible viewing experience. RAVN’s AI component has allowed us to successfully automate the EPG review process which has dramatically reduced the review time as well as ensuring we maintain robust and compliant information">Angus Gairdner, Head of Content Planning Operations at Sky
- By adopting this innovative platform we are able to quickly focus on the high value and high risk contracts within large data sets, simply categorise and divide up tasks and ultimately provide a more responsive service to our clients. We are now looking to roll out the RAVN solution to live client matters within the firmLucy Dillon, Chief Knowledge Officer at Reed Smith
- The RAVN solution effortlessly made all of our operational content, valuable precedent and knowledge content discoverable within the firm’s chosen collaboration and Search platform, Microsoft SharePoint. As such, the disruption for users was negligible, yet the benefits from efficient search, preview and expertise location across a geographically distributed organisation have been significant.Jeremy Rooth, Director of Business Transformation & Knowledge Management