In response to increasing regulatory requirements, banks and other participants in the OTC derivatives market need to improve their ability to manage counterparty exposures and the corresponding collateral obligations.
REQUEST A DEMO OF THIS PRODUCT
See this product in action
These increased regulatory demands, born out of the financial crash, have seen a rise in central clearing for OTC derivatives, the use of trade depositories, tightening of eligibility criteria, Basel III capital charges and a change of internal counterparty credit risk management practices to name but a few constraints, now pushing operations departments to their limits.
As a result, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and the automation of the process of reading and extracting key provisions and definitions from contracts is becoming an increasingly attractive option for operations and legal departments to meet their regulatory obligations.
The RAVN Extract for ISDA CSAs Solution
RAVN Extract, an application built on the RAVN ACE platform, combines elements of AI with information processing to deliver a platform that can read, interpret, extract and summarise the content held within ISDA CSAs and other legal documents. It converts unstructured data into structured output, in a fraction of the time it takes a human – and with a higher degree of accuracy.
Firstly, RAVN ACE can extract the structure of the agreement – the clauses and sub-clauses – which can be very useful for subsequent re-negotiation purposes, particularly if you adopt re-negotiation solutions that can leverage this structure.
It then further extracts the key definitions from the contract, including collateral data from tabular formats within the credit support annexes.
All this data is made available for input to contract or collateral management and margining systems or can simply be provided as an Excel or XML output for analysis.
RAVN ACE also provides an in-context review and preview of the extracted terms to allow reviewing teams to further validate the data in the context of the original agreement.
Clients chose to work with RAVN as our ‘Applied‘ Cognitive Engine is thoroughly applied to the business. We listen to the firm’s issues and create a robot that specifically handles those issues within that domain. Our technology can be deployed as standalone solutions or some organisations chose to combine our products to complement each other, ensuring all needs are met.
There are various payment options – the technology can be delivered as a service, pay per document model or enterprise license.
Even where companies have a good understanding of their contracts and collateral, RAVN’s AI based data extraction can provide an audit service to compare the actual terms in the current document set and addenda with what has been manually abstracted, often over considerable periods of time. Due to the historic nature of some agreements, and from past experiences of other manual abstraction exercises, there are likely to be differences. The audit process can validate your data and provide assurances that your policies are based on accurate data.
Having extracted (or audited) the metadata, AI data extraction systems can then analyse the contract estate, identify the high credit risk relationships and as a result, quickly and easily scope the size of the repapering exercise required.
Benefits of Automated ISDA Data Extraction
- Automatically extract the terms of your OTC Derivative contracts (ISDAs/CSAs) for improved management and keep the cost of compliance under control.
- Rapid audit of your contract estate understanding to ensure it is truly representative. Save the time and cost of the manual alternative.
- Fast identification of the agreements that require repapering.
- Mitigate the risk and penalties for non-compliance with the latest EMIR, FSB and other regulatory changes.
Watch our Case Study on BLP’s use of RAVN ACE
See how RAVN ACE has benefited Berwin Leighton Paisner in terms of increasing efficiencies, mitigating risk, cutting costs as well as increasing staff morale.
- RAVN Manage and RAVN Connect Enterprise supplement our current systems extremely well. With both systems, searches become even more efficient and documents may be retrieved significantly faster than before. The fact that the systems understand how people work together and are able to spot cohesion through entire cases is a real strength in our daily operations. In Bech-Bruun, this is a highly strategic focus area. Moreover, RAVN is a pioneer in the area and we consider this as the first step to full implementation of AI.Stefan Winqvist, CIO at Bech-Bruun
- RAVN ACE robot is 10 million times quicker than the manual labour it replacedMatthew Whalley, Head of Legal Risk Consultancy, BLP, Legal Futures Event Quote
- Our 'contract robot' can now finish in less than two seconds work which would have taken a team of people 100 days to complete.Matthew Whalley, Head of Legal Risk Consultancy at BLP
- RAVN were very good at adapting a technical product and speaking about it in a non-technical way. We explained the problems we were facing and they offered a solution and explained it in an easy-to-understand and user friendly way.Victoria Blanchard, Consultant at Berwin Leighton Paisner
- RAVN ACE is the most exciting new development we’ve seen for several years…a true next generation systemIndependent Legal IT Consultant at Inside Legal IT event
- RAVN is very competitively priced at the moment and provides a standardised Windows interface so it needs much less integration. “It’s really simple and mimics the tech people already use. I’m focused on systems that are intuitive to use – unless it’s very simple to use people don’t have the time to work it out and remember how to use it.Jeremy Rooth, Director of Business Transformation and Knowledge Management at Withers
- The RAVN solution allows us to leverage the inherent search capabilities that are now included with SharePoint 2013 and with the RAVN connectivity layer provided, we have the ability to extend to our broader information corpus as required.Richard Skinner, Applications Architect at Taylor Wessing
- By building on the standard [Microsoft] technologies we will keep all the enhancements Microsoft have and continue to make with their search engine, augment it with RAVN’s preview and connectivity technologies and we are also able to utilise the huge wealth of expertise, WebParts and add-ons developed by the wider Microsoft community.Sam Luxford-Watts, IT Manager at Watson Farley & Williams
- RAVN has been instrumental in helping us create Insight, not only with the integration of the uniquely powerful RAVN Core platform at the heart of the solution but also with a high level of expertise at the forefront of search-based technologies.Michael George, Deluxe MediaRecall Executive Vice President and General Manager
- With RAVN’s help we have been able to get a head start on production and have actually reduced production costs. RAVN have certainly been excellent value for money.Search Project Manager, Sky
- RAVN Connect revolutionises Sharepoint Search in distributed environmentsSenior IT Manager, COWI
- If you need your corporate Knowledge Management tailored to your needs, RAVN should be your first port of callJosh Ellis, CIO, SFO